Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

How to Make Your Home More Sellable

Here are eight projects that are not every expensive but will add a lot of value to your home. Remember, these days when you make improvements to your home you might not get the money back in the sale price, but you will make your home more attractive to buyers and it will sit on the market for fewer days, thus decreasing your carrying costs and getting you into your new home faster.

1. Replace the kitchen sink and faucet.
2. Add a backsplash to your kitchen.
3. Replace vanities, cabinets and toilets.
4. Paint.
5. Add crown moldings.
6. Add cabinets and shelving to your closets and garage for added storage space.
7. Replace the front door.
8. Landscape.

And most importantly: keep your house and yard clean! I went to a house yesterday that was such a mess from the outside that I was certain it was abandoned- then I realized people lived there! When potential buyers drive up and see a mess, they automatically lower their offer price. A pristine property is a valuable property.

No comments:

Post a Comment